- 8 slices bread
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 6 Tbs butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 drop sage essential oil
- 1 drop rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Using a serrated knife, cut bread into cubes. Spread bread cubes out evenly on a baking sheet, and bake for 15–20 minutes, stirring once, until lightly golden.
- Finely chop the onion and the celery. In a large saucepan, melt the butter, and then add the chopped onion and celery. Saute the onion and celery over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until barely tender.
- Add the chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
- Remove saucepan from heat, and stir in essential oils.
- Add the toasted bread chunks, and stir until evenly coated.
- Stir in two eggs; and then spoon the stuffing into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake stuffing at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes, or until the egg is cooked and the stuffing is a nice golden color.
- Serve this delicious stuffing as part of your holiday meal!
Recipe courtesy of AbundentHealth4U